WATCHOUT minimum system configuration
An operational WATCHOUT system always requires at least two licenses: one for the production computer and one for the media server. Dataton WATCHPAX media servers have a built-in license.
You can download and use the WATCHOUT production software for free on its own for practice*, but you won’t be able to appreciate the full power of WATCHOUT until you start connecting media servers or display computers.
The basic system consists of:
- The production computer, equipped with a license key and running WATCHOUT production software
- Network, connecting the two computers together via a hub or switch
- The media server, equipped with a license key and running WATCHOUT display software
- Display device, for example, a monitor or a projector.
* The production software can be used on its own without a license key, but you always need a license key to use the display software.
WATCHOUT is a Microsoft WINDOWS based system.